Hickory Commercial Real Estate Attorney Provides Solutions
North Carolina lawyer assists companies with sales, leases and financing
Commercial real estate can be a valuable and profitable asset, whether it is owned as an investment or as a source of rental income. However, transactions involving commercial properties are complex and subject to multiple laws and regulations. Donald R. Fuller, JR., PLLC is a Hickory commercial real estate attorney who provides effective, skillful representation from purchase through sale and, when necessary, in litigation of contested issues.
Hickory attorney works with clients to acquire commercial properties
Investment in and development of commercial property requires careful investigation and preparation, including attention to the legal aspects involved in the transactions. I use my real estate experience and particular knowledge about commercial real estate to guide my clients through these essential steps of the process:
- Selection of the site based on real estate market research
- Inspection to ensure the site is suitable for your intended use
- Due diligence review of the title for any defects or other issues
- Analysis of land use and zoning regulations to determine permitting or variance requirements
- Development and implementation of a strategy for obtaining zoning approval
- Obtaining the appropriate building, business and other permits
- Determining that existing or planned commercial development satisfies the Americans with Disabilities Act and other federal and state requirements
- Negotiation of the necessary agreements, such as purchase and sales agreements or leases
- Assisting with securing mortgage loans and other financing
- Obtaining necessary insurance policies
- Clearing encumbrances and other clouds on title
- Closing of the purchase and sale, including settlement of all prior liens and claims on property
I pay careful attention to all of the issues that may arise during the purchase, lease and financing of commercial property.
Avoiding challenges due to zoning, local building codes or environmental issues
I thoroughly investigate all possible pitfalls in a transaction to keep the deal on track. For instance, the following problems can arise with the purchase or sale of real property:
- Zoning regulations may make it impossible to use the land for the particular commercial purposes you have in mind.
- Local building codes and business regulations may include restrictions that make your proposed building or use impractical.
- Nearby wetlands and other environmentally protected areas may limit commercial use or development on your intended site.
My due diligence can identify these issues before proceeding with an acquisition plan, thereby giving you an opportunity to resolve them or to opt for an alternative site.
Protecting clients’ interests in commercial real estate litigation
No matter how carefully one proceeds in a real estate venture, legal disputes may arise that can profoundly affect your business plans. Litigation can result from:
- Failure to perform contractual duties
- Disputes over the financing of the transaction
- Boundary and easement conflicts with neighboring landowners
- Denial of zoning permits
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Seizure of the property by eminent domain
I am ready to put my litigation skills and my extensive knowledge of real estate law to work to protect your interests and achieve favorable outcomes, whether you need to initiate a suit or defend against one.
Contact an experienced Hickory commercial real estate attorney
Whether you are investing in commercial real estate or planning development, call Donald R. Fuller, Jr., PLLC at 828-639-8188 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Hickory office.